- Elite sporting environment
- Australian business in a global organisation
- Drive revenue streams
Who are we?
As part of the City Football Group (CFG), Melbourne City FC’s ambition is to develop the best footballing talent, to deliver an exciting and forward playing game and to increase participation in football on and off the field. By achieving these ambitions, we are growing a sustainable and socially responsible organisation.
Melbourne City FC competes in the major Australian domestic soccer competition, the Hyundai A-League, the top tier of women’s football, the Westfield W-League, and the Foxtel National Youth League.
About City People
City people are entrepreneurial, innovative, open-minded and team-oriented. Our team members are humble and hardworking, challenge our thinking and have a will to win. They combine genuine understanding of the importance of our local communities with a global approach.
Based at the City Football Academy in Bundoora, this role will work closely with the CEO, Head of Commercial and Operations and Head of Partnerships. It is responsible for partnership sales, including identifying and building business opportunities, as well as driving revenue streams.
- Develop leads and secure meetings with prospective partners
- Develop bespoke and tailored partnership proposals to suit the needs of individual companies
- Present partnership opportunities to senior executives at prospective partners
- Support the Head of Commercial and Operations with generating revenue from a variety of sources
- Develop relationships with relevant media and sponsorship agencies
- Maintain accurate records and database of all sales and business development activities
What we need from you:
- A proven track record of exceptional sales/business development achievements in the sports or media industry
- A proven network of contacts within sport and entertainment
- A sound understanding of sponsorship, events and corporate hospitality
- Outstanding account management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Strong PC literacy
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Results driven mindset