We have a rare and exciting opportunity for an accomplished Rider Skills Coach reporting to the Chairman of the Jumps Review Panel. This role will be providing coaching and mentoring services to jumps rider and provide technical guidance and continuous improvement in jumps racing by providing constructive feedback to the Jumps Review Panel (JRP).
Key deliverables for this role would include provide coaching and support to jumps riders by attending Jumps Race Meeting and Official Jumps Trials, providing reviews, recommendations and feedback to the JRP along with providing critical assessments of incidences and reports on all races and trial to JRP.
This role will work very closely with riders, Jumps Racing Stewards and build relationships with the jumps riding group.
Please note this role is a seasonal role.
As the successful candidate, you must possess the following:
- Jumps race riding experience is desirable
- Experience in Equestrian riding is desirable
- High level of communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- A background of coaching high-performance athletes is desirable
- A Working with Children Check is required.
- A current Victorian driver’s licence is required.
- This role would require the successful incumbent to undertake regional travel which could involve overnight stays, occasional weekend work and or flexible hours.
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to join an industry leading and iconic sports organisation
- Attractive and competitive remuneration package, inclusive of salary packaging benefits
- Dynamic and varied work assignments and projects
- Access to industry events and race meetings every day of the year
- On-site gym, subsidised café and free car parking
- Genuine work/life balance and access to industry leading Employee Assistance programs, and development/mentoring initiatives
- A collegiate yet high performing work place that is committed to diversity and inclusion, and is well-accessed by public transport, both by train and tram
Racing Victoria (RV) is one of Australia’s leading sporting organisations, and the independent governing body of thoroughbred racing in Victoria.
Racing forms part of the very fabric of Melbourne, Victorian and Australian culture. Racing Victoria’s globally celebrated Spring & Autumn carnivals hold a special place in the hearts and minds of Melbournians and are centrepieces in Australia’s sporting and social calendars.