Exciting opportunity to lead the Club’s commercial operations including partnerships & corporate programs, membership & ticketing, game day, marketing, media, digital, merchandise, events and community engagement.
The Sunshine Coast Lightning netball franchise is a joint venture between Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club and the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC). Lightning’s vision, mantra and values are at the core of the Club and provide the platform for the strong high-performance culture.
The Club has experienced enormous success in its first three seasons, competing in three successive Suncorp Super Netball League grand finals, winning back-to-back premierships in 2017 and 2018, and Minor Premiers in 2019 - making it the most successful start-up professional sporting team in Australian history.
The Club’s commercial operations have been just as successful, attracting a solid membership base, a diverse portfolio of corporate partners, sold out home matches at USC Stadium and fantastic engagement with the local community.
We are seeking an ambitious and innovative commercial/marketing professional to lead the Club in its next phase of growth.
Reporting to the CEO, with a close connection to the Melbourne Storm commercial team, the GM Commercial is responsible for defining and leading the strategy and execution of initiatives to generate commercial revenue and growth across all commercial areas of the Club. This includes partnerships & corporate programs, membership & ticketing, game day, marketing, media, digital, merchandise, events and community engagement. The role will lead a team of 4 direct reports, and a team of 8 in total.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent leadership skills with experience in building and managing teams
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Solid experience across a diverse range of commercial, marketing and media functions, together with appropriate tertiary qualifications
- Experience managing large and varied stakeholder groups supported with strong negotiation skills
- Experience in managing financial resources and budgets, including ability to deliver challenging commercial targets
- Ability to inspire others to achieve team objectives, vision and purpose
- Cultural alignment to a sporting club that operates according to its mantra and core values
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and broadly focused environment/role
- Proactive and solutions focused with a can-do attitude