- Senior Management position
- Provide high level strategic advice, diagnostics and consulting services
- Lead the acquisition, analysis and reporting of data
The Western Australian Institute of Sport (WAIS) is an elite sports institute established in 1983 by the Government of Western Australia to support athletes in Western Australia.
WAIS measures its success by the quality and quantity of its contribution to Australian International Sporting Success. The WAIS operational focus is on the delivery of high quality daily training environments to athletes currently representing Australia or considered capable of representing Australia in the future. WAIS operates and manages a 12 Sport Programs as agreed in formal partnerships with each sport's National and State Sporting Organisation. WAIS also provides individual support to selected athletes in Olympic/Paralympic sports not assisted by a WAIS Sport Program.
The WAIS Performance Systems and Analytics Manager forms part of the Performance Enhancement Division (PED) and is a key member of the institute’s senior management team reporting to Chief Executive Officer. The purpose of this position is to provide high level strategic advice, diagnostics and consulting services to the Performance Enhancement Teams (PETs) to support achievement of core business outcomes.
This role includes:
- Leading the design, development and impact measurement of systems supporting the core functions PETs
- Leading the design and execution of systems and models for data collection, storage/warehousing, security, reporting systems, dashboards and performance metrics to strengthen sport business intelligence, support key decisions and inform future planning
- Leading the translation and communication of data, impact and trends to a wide range of stakeholders
- Collaborating across the WAIS team to develop tools and frameworks to acquire data from primary and secondary sources
- Developing, recommending and implementation of strategies to improve systems used to collect and analyse data to measure the success of the work of the PETs
- Managing the development and delivery of frameworks, policies, guidelines and other resources that support sport business outcomes for WAIS
- Managing the delivery of administrative support to the PETs to optimise both individual and team performance
- Developing and recommending the department budget
Routine reporting on the operations and outcomes of the Performance and Data Systems Team to the Chief Executive Officer is required. The role is also responsible for ensuring the Performance Systems Team capability continues to evolve to ensure future challenges do not impact the team’s ability to achieve its goals.
As a member of the senior management team, the Performance Systems and Analytics Manager contributes to the routine monitoring and review of WAIS strategy and organizational capability required to deliver future results. The Performance Systems and Analytics Manager will also liaise and represent WAIS on relevant National Institute Network projects and working groups.
To be considered for this role you will ideally hold relevant tertiary qualifications with extensive experience in the acquisition, collation, analysis and reporting of qualitative and quantitative data. You will have a strong understanding of the best practice in data business/systems processes and policies with the ability to design operating models and implement process improvements.
You will be a dynamic leader with a proven track record of achieving success in managing a team to deliver strategic objectives, in a complex multidisciplinary team environment. The ability to provide project planning and management across multiple projects including engagement of key stakeholders is also required.
A sports management background is not considered essential; however, you must have an affinity for high performance sport and be committed to implementing and managing systems that produce sporting champions.